Random Facts About Author Derek Ailes Twisted Twins and a Free Book Download for Journey Into the Unknown
We are only days away from Halloween. Time to bring out all the horror. This is the perfect time to read one of my novels and now you can download Journey Into the Unknown: Deluxe Horror Edition for free for your honest review. You can download it off of this link: https://storycartel.com/books/journey-into-the-unknown-deluxe-horror-edition There is no obligation to leave me the review, but it would be much appreciated. I promise I won't send a killer doll to your house to force a review out of you. My brother, on the other hand, is a different story. Watch out for him.
I started writing a new short story called: Twisted Twins. It's about a Russian girl that buys a necklace at a flea market. When she puts it on, it clones her. Is she a perfect twin or something more sinister? The story is inspired by The Soska Sisters (American Mary, See No Evil 2). As most people know, I had the privilege of meeting them a few months back. They are two of the coolest women I've met ever. It was only logical that I write a story with characters inspired by them. I'm having fun writing this one and it's taken me to a more demented place that I've had so far in my writings.
In a few months, my short story "White Wolf" from Journey Into The Unknown will be featured in the latest Shortfictionbreak.com anthology. I had the opportunity to choose one of my stories and this one fits the anthology perfectly.
In three weeks, I will have the opportunity to meet horror icons: Kane Hodder, Fairuza Balk, Sid Haig, Bruce Boxleitner, Tony Todd, John Kassir, Felissa Rose at Days of The Dead Chicago. Mark Cusco Ailes and I will be attending on that Saturday and will have plenty of pictures taken.
2nd Annual Friends of the Lake County Public Library
Local Author Fair On November 15th, more than 30 local authors will be gathering at the Merrillville Branch to share their stories with you. Stop by any time from 1 PM - 4 PM to hear them read from their books, purchase any that catch your eye, and meet the fantastic writers from the area. Come meet Mark Cusco Ailes & Derek Ailes - The Ailes Brothers of Terror.
I will conclude this blog with 25 Random Facts about me. I hope you enjoy them.
Until Next Time
1. I'm a dairy manager at a grocery store
2. I used to be a vendor at Star Trek conventions back in the 90s
3. I used to do a cartoon series on Goanimate called: Stuck In Indiana
4. My first short story "The Night of the Living Redheads" was published in 1994
5. I delivered newspapers for 17 years.
6. I love gothic women
7. I'm a member of the Indiana Writers Consortium
8. I go to Portage 16 every Sunday morning and see a movie
9. I each at a chinese buffett 4-6 times per month.
10. I can't write anything that isn't bizarre
11. Most of my ideas for my horror short stories pop in my head when I'm at work
12. I have iritis in both of my eyes
13. Author Mark Cusco Ailes is my older brother
14. A lot of my stories include some of my standup comedy
15. Star Wars inspired me to be a writer
16. My truck is 14 years old and still going
17. I used to have an ebay store selling used books and out of print cds & dvds
18. I find all the paranormal activity and movies like them extremely boring
19. I prefer to spend my time all alone.
20. I do all my writing and social networking laying down on my bed using my laptop.
21. I don't own a cell phone or smart phone. I find phones and talking on them annoying.
22. Most of the characters in my stories are loosely based on people I know or have known over the years
23. While in school, I turned down a job to work at a law firm.
24. I love donuts
25. I have my fan blowing on me 365 days a year. I can't sleep if a fan isn't working. I have battery powered fans for backup.